Day 36: Half-birthday!

I try not to have too many posts that are baby-centric: there are plenty of other things to talk about, for one, and for another, I don’t want to put too much of the little guy’s business out into the world.

This is a big one, though. Baby O is six months old today!

Baby stares down at donut with blue frosting and rainbow sprinkles. Some donut is in his fist.

In so many ways, life is different from what it was six months ago. From the 2am wakeup and hospital trip to the “so…I guess I won’t be at work today” e-mails, that day was a whirlwind. Learning to adjust to life with a little guy was interesting enough, and then coronavirus hit, and it’s been a whole new ball game.

Being home with O has let me see so many things change. He’s learning in front of my eyes every day: the tiny potato who couldn’t even keep his head up has become baby-sized, and does things like sit up, or laugh, or imitate noises, or crunch peanut puffs into his face. He also does things like try to eat my computer, or refuse to nap right when I have meetings happening, or spit up on my clothes a minimum of three times per day. It’s not all roses, but it is all time I get to spend with him. I’m trying to lock it in my memory.

Happy half-birthday, little guy.

Published inThoughts

Be First to Comment