Slice of Teaching #13

Today, I forgot my coffee at home, but had a cup at my mom’s house…and a second one at school.

Today, I ate an apple cider donut and peanut butter out of a jar with a fork, because that’s what was handy.

Today, I got to surprise a colleague with a district-wide award, mostly because my principal texted me to make sure I knew it was happening. (I didn’t!)

Today, I had a frustrating encounter with a hallway wanderer, only for a wise student who witnessed it to shake her head and sagely observe, “I hope he doesn’t run out of people in his corner when he’s finally ready to get his life together.”

Today, I finished grades, called parents, taught classes, helped colleagues, shopped for groceries, cooked dinner with my family, planned two classes for a week, scheduled Classroom posts, completed a conference slide deck, and wrote this blog post.

Not everything went according to plan, but it all worked out fine in the end. I definitely do not have anything extra in my tank tonight, but I had enough to get through today.

Published inLifeWriting Prompts

One Comment

1. Anonymous

that line, I hope he doesn’t run out of people in his corner, sits heavy with me. Thanks for sharing -Tracy